Crystal Palace vs Wolves Match Report & Highlights
Crystal Palace managed to get their second win in three matches on Tuesday night when they faced Wolves at home. The Eagles went behind in the first half but returned in the second half with Eze and Zaha getting on the scoresheet.
Keep reading to see the key match points and the highlights at the end.
- Early on Doucoure almost got his first goal for the Eagles when he smacked the post from a long-range effort.
- Diego Costa should have scored for Wolves, but Ward stuck with him and Guaita made a vital save.
- Wolves had another effort on goal, but it was deflected wide for a corner.
- Olise and Eze stood over the ball for a free kick and Eye took it and fired it wide.
- Andersen had an effort on goal after Eze’s second delivery in from a corner.
- A quick cross-in from Wolves led to the first goal of the game, Traore headed home from close range.
- On the edge of halftime, Schlupp found Zaha but he couldn’t keep his shot down blazing it over with his left foot.
- Doucoure was the first Palace player in the book after bringing down Traore on a run on goal.
- Palace got lucky when Ruben Neves smacked the post from the free kick of this foul. That was half-time.
- Within two minutes of the restart, Palace equalised through a great team goal that started with Eze in the middle of the pitch and ended with Olise crossing it to him to head home. Clearly, Vieira’s half-time team talk pushed the players to fight back fast.
- Edouard couldn’t get enough on his shot to work the keeper and the ball didn’t fall right for Olise. Ward followed it up but was penalised for a foul on the Wolves keeper.
- Zaha showed great strength and resilience when he battled three Wolves players in his own half and came away with the ball. This led to some great build-up play and finally an acrobatic bicycle-kick effort from Edouard who wasn’t far off the goal. It would’ve been one of the goals of the season had it gone in.
- Andersen played a great ball to Mitchell to attack the Wolves’ penalty area. The ball fell to Eze who set up Zaha, but Jose Sa made a comfortable save.
- Moments later, Eze played a great through ball to Edouard who then found Zaha in the middle. He had another time to take a touch and then smash it past the keeper, 2-1 Palace.
- Late on down the other end though, Wolves still posed a threat when Collins missed a sitter. The referee did blow for offside though so it wouldn’t have counted if he did score.
Crystal Palace vs Wolves Highlights
Crystal Palace vs Southampton Match Report & Highlights
Crystal Palace hosted Southampton for the Saturday afternoon match and came away with their third consecutive home win. In-form striker Odsonne Edouard scored the only goal of the match in the first half and then Palace defended well in the second half.
It was The Eagles’ final home match before the league stops for the World Cup so it was a vital win going into the final two Premier League matches.
Keep reading to see the match summary and the highlights at the end.
- Palace got an early free-kick after Zaha was brought down just outside the area. Milivojevic took it, but it was too close to the goal for the ball to get enough dip and be on target.
- A dangerous corner from James Ward-Prowse left the Palace defence scrambling to get the ball clear.
- Olise was brought down cynically and then delivered the ball into the area, but the keeper comfortably punched it out for a corner.
- Another foul for Palace when Joel Ward was barged off the ball down the right-hand side. Olise’s delivery was well-defended though.
- Schlupp managed to turn the defender and sprint into Southampton’s penalty area before cutting it back for Milivojevic who had his shot deflected out.
- A beautiful touch from Eze allowed him to play Zaha in on the left, who squared it for Edouard, but the Frenchman couldn’t get a touch on it to slot it home. He may well have been offside anyway had it gone in.
- Palace had a penalty shout as Olise appeared to be brought down in the area. On second look, there wasn’t enough in it for it to be a foul.
- Che Adams was through on goal with Andersen tracking back. The Southampton striker managed to get a shot off and hit the post, but the linesman finally put up his flag for offside.
- Palace played it around nicely, with Milivojevic finding Eze who had a long-distance effort saved and out for a corner.
- Moments later Eze had another effort on goal, although Edouard and Zaha were both screaming for the ball.
- Palace managed to score, but Olise was offside in the build-up to the goal so Edouard’s nutmeg through the keeper’s legs was chalked off.
- Palace should’ve been in front with all these chances and another fell to Andersen from a corner, but the header was comfortable for Buzunu.
- Finally, Palace took the lead through a well-worked goal. Zaha won the ball back and played in Mitchell down the left before cutting it back for Edouard to poke it home. 1-0 to The Eagles.
- Elyounoussi had an early effort on goal in the second half and the Southampton players were shouting for handball. VAR decided no penalty as the ball hit Guehi’s foot before touching his hand.
- Down the other end, Olise was running at The Saints’ defence and ended up unleashing an effort with his weaker right foot. The shot was blocked and Edouard was offside when picking up the rebound.
- Palace were under pressure in the second half. Adams won a header against Andersen to find Ward-Prowse who then played a great through ball back to him only for Guaita to make a crucial to keep Palace in the lead.
- Another chance for The Saints as Armstrong travelled down the left flank and unleashed an effort on goal only for Guaita to make another top save.
- Moments later Armstrong had another effort on goal, this time hitting the outside of the post and then coming back and hitting Ward for a corner.
- Zaha had a lot of time running at the Southampton left-back that he took too long and saw his poor left-footed effort easily blocked.
- Mitchell gave the ball away in a dangerous area and Southampton were able to get an effort on goal, but Guaita made another vital save.
- Jordan Ayew attacked down the right wing and managed to find a cross into Schlupp, but a Southampton defender blocked it.
- Olise broke away from his man in the Palace half and made ground before finding Ayew. The Ghana international had so much time, but couldn’t pick out Zaha in the middle! Really should’ve been 2-0 with the match over.
Crystal Palace vs Southampton Highlights
Leicester vs Crystal Palace Match Report & Highlights
The match between Crystal Palace and Leicester was one that we didn’t want to rewatch on Match of the Day. It ended in a 0-0 draw with the match being very scrappy and Palace only having one shot on target in the match.
If Leicester had more confidence on the day they would’ve won easily so Palace were lucky to come away with a point. As Milivojevic said after the game, the positive to take away from the game is that it’s a clean sheet away from home.
Palace now host Wolves at home on Tuesday night and Vieira will hope his team can get into better-attacking positions then.
Keep reading for the brief match summary points as well as the highlights.
- The ball came to Doucoure on the edge of the area who then found Zaha but he got too much under the ball and it went much too high.
- Down the other end, Daka, tested Guaita with a powerful shot but the Spaniard easily parried it away for a corner.
- Guehi had a chance to put Palace ahead but he headed it over the bar when he really should’ve found the target. He looked frustrated with himself.
- Zaha found Eze in the middle of the pitch with enough time and space to line up a shot and forced Danny Ward to make a save.
- Milivojevic and Riedewald on for Mitchell and Doucoure
- Castagne had an effort from long range but it was a comfortable catch for Guaita.
- Maddison then watched a scuffed effort dribble past the post.
- Patient build-up from Palace led to Edouard having a good effort on goal, but Leicester’s keeper saved it easily.
- Zaha came off for Mateta, the Ivory Coast international wasn’t happy about being taken off, but he never got into the match.
- Maddison’s corner into Castagne caused a scare for palace fans but Guaita handled it well.
- Iheahanacho’s effort on goal from a short corner
- A minute later the Nigerian international caused more trouble with Dewsbury-Hall going close and claiming handball.
- Maddison went down in the area in stoppage time from a challenge from Milivojevic but the referee saw it clearly and immediately booked Maddison for simulation.
Leicester vs Crystal Palace Highlights
Crystal Palace vs Leeds Match Report & Highlights
Crystal Palace hosted Leeds United on Sunday afternoon with both clubs trying to restart their season as neither team had one since August.
We predicted that it was going to be a game with a lot of cards and there were six in total. The Eagles came out on top when it came to goals though and after the last-minute defeat to Chelsea last weekend, Vieira and his team can be happy with holding on to get the 3 points.
Keep reading for the key points in the match and the highlights at the end.
- Leeds’ summer signing, Aaronson, ran at the Palace defence and managed to wriggle past three players before hitting the post with his shot. The ball fell nicely to Pascal Struijk who followed it up to slot it past Ward and Guaita. 1-0 to the away side within 10 minutes.
- Bamford then had a one-on-one chance with Guaita, but the Palace keeper got down well to make an important save to stop them from going two nil down.
- Ayew’s determination led to a Palace free-kick down the right-hand side which was a perfect opportunity for Olise to whip in a ball. He did just that and Edouard got on the end of his cross to head the Eagles’ level. His first back-to-back Premier League goals since December 2021. There was a VAR check to see if he was offside, but the goal stood as the defender was playing him on.
- Ayew took a knock to the head in Palace’s penalty area when he and Koch were challenging for the ball.
- Zaha had an effort on goal saved at the near post after running at the defender on the left wing. He could’ve tried to cut inside more, but there was another Leeds defender ready to close him down.
- An excellent long ball in from Olise led to the keeper having to make a save after it came off a Leeds defender to stop Edouard from getting an effort on goal.
- Ayew who isn’t known for his goal-scoring had a great chance when Eye threaded a ball through to him, but Kristensen got back to block the shot. Zaha was screaming for him to knock it across the goal for a tap-in.
- Palace continued to look more likely to score than Leeds and then Olise had an effort on goal, but it was a comfortable save for Meslier.
- Zaha had more space on the right in the second half and he had another good chance from just inside the area, but it was deflected wide.
- A lovely one-two between Zaha and Edouard led to the Ivorian international having another chance in the Leeds area. However, he scuffed the shot wide.
- Zaha didn’t score, but he provided a nice flick assist for Eze who took a touch and then fired the ball home from the edge of the box.
- Zaha and Eze also played some nice keep ball between them to run down the clock, ending in a Leeds defender fouling Zaha on the right side of the penalty area.
- This free kick led to Andersen getting a headed effort away, but not being able to find the target.
Crystal Palace vs Leeds Highlights
Brentford vs Crystal Palace Match Preview & Prediction
Crystal Palace vs Brighton Match Preview & Prediction
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Match Preview & Prediction
Crystal Palace vs Newcastle Match Preview & Prediction
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United Match Preview & Prediction
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace Match Preview & Prediction
Blog1 year ago
Who Owns Crystal Palace?
Blog1 year ago
Crystal Palace New Academy Training Ground
Blog1 year ago
Do Crystal Palace Still Have Cheerleaders?
Match Reports1 year ago
Brentford vs Crystal Palace Match Report & Player Ratings
Blog1 year ago
M23 Derby – Why are Brighton and Crystal Palace Rivals?
Transfer News1 year ago
Palace Sign Mateta on a Permanent Deal
Transfer News1 year ago
Burnley interest in Benteke for Wood replacement
Match Reports1 year ago
Watford vs Crystal Palace Match Report & Player Ratings